Saturday, December 28, 2013

Jollibee Ayala Center

Jollibee is one of my go to places specially that my children love their food, their mascot and they simply appeal not only to children but adults as well.

I admire the fact that they are very innovative when it comes to the food they offer.  This is not just about chicken or about burgers, they have a wide array of food that fits the Filipino taste.  

It is the wide selection of food that sets Jollibee apart from other burger joints. Their burger steak and palabok are favorites of my daughters.

Jollibee Ayala Center Cebu is one of the busiest branch they have specially that Ayala Center is one of the biggest Mall and most popular malls in Cebu.  Naturally you'll expect that this Jollibee branch are well equipped with enough manpower to handle a lot of customers and the managers did well in that field.

However:

I have had good service experience with Jollibee Ayala for sometime, I often go to the branch on weekends and order take outs because I love the Happyplus idea, I get to eat and earn rewards at the same time. During my day off however, when I brought my youngest daughter to jollibee for some snacks/lunch. We ordered their ultimate burger steak and a regular burger steak for my daughter. The cashier gave us a priority number for the ultimate burger steak since they are out and would need to make some first.  One of their crew assisted us in bringing our tray and when we are aettled in Jollibee mascots came out to the delight of my daughter.  They had the mascots out because during that day was Mc Donald's opening so in order to lure customers they had their mascots entertain the people eating and another one standing in front of the door enticing customers to come in. I noticed that my ultimate burger steak took a long time to be delivered so I waited for a crew to come in the party area were we are seated, there were lots of them just outside because they enjoyed seeing jollibee as well.  I waved my priority number toward them to avoid having to call their attention and make some more noise but no one seemed to notice.  It took a long time before a crew noticed me waving my priority number and come to our table and it turned out, my ultimate burger steak was forgotten, it was never prepared and if I had not called the service crew's attention, we would have finished without my ultimate burger steak.

The next day I ordered a take away of jolly hotdog value meal and chocolate sundae because I still need to go back to my work.  I specifically checked with the crew assisting the cashier in preparing the orders if their is already a spoon for the sundae and she said yes.  When I arrived at my office, the spoon I checked with the crew is no where to be found good thing the office caterer left some spoon in our pantry else I would have to go back to the branch and ask and by the time I would arrive back at the office the sundae would have melted and I would waste more than my alotted lunch time.

I get that people working at Jollibee are busy, of course but that's why there are a lot of them working there. Rather than be wary with their own mascot and pile up in one place, service crews should have been alert and assisted those that have not had their orders yet, that was part of their task. And what is checking if everything is already inside the take away bag, the food, the utensils, catsup and what have you? Especially if the customer had asked if it is already inside the bag rather than just nod.

It was really disappointing because I ahve been a returning customer and I have my happyplus points to prove that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment