Saturday, October 5, 2013

NAIA - Terminal 1

NAIA
Ninoy Aquino International Airport which was once known as Manila International Airport is the largest airport in the Philippines was named after Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino Jr. who was assasinated in the said airport during martial law.

I have been in this airport thrice, I believe. Twice for back and forth domestic flights, and once for international flight arrivals. 



My customer service experience:

I probably had one of the worst customer service experience in this airport.  I had a "not so good" experience abroad so I decided to go home with my then 4 month old daughter.  All alone with loads of luggages while carrying my daughter, I was happy somebody offered to bring my luggage outside so I can go to terminal 3 for my domestic flight going to Cebu and to meet my cousin.  When I arrived outside, not only did the guy asked me more than Php100 for the services, he also asked me for some dollar bills and when I declined him, he left me without knowing where exactly I needed to go.  I asked the security guard and he told me that I was actually at the wrong place as the van for terminal 3 is just one level above where I am.  I have to drag my luggage up again, baby and all. The security guard told me that the van is for free as it is a service offered by the airport itself so I was relieved but when I arrived at the terminal the person who helped me out with my luggage told me that I should give the driver and his assistant some money because they were the once who carried my luggage inside the van. My cousin did not arrive until later so I asked the person who brought my luggage that I will just wait inside the check-in hall, I was already crying and everything but that person still managed to ask for more than a hundred pesos with no empathy whatsoever for, again, "services".  The things, weren't these people being paid by the airport themselves to do what they are supposed to do?  Why are they victimizing their customers especially fellow Filipinos? And why does the airport management allow this kind of hussling within airport premises? This does not happen in other provincial airports, so no amount of reasoning can justify what the airport employees are doing to the customers.  It is a disgrace, just because people came from other countries does not mean they lay golden eggs.  In as much as I want to support local business establishment, I will never recommend to anyone who comes from abroad and had to make a stopover before reaching their province to do a stopover in this airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment