Saturday, October 12, 2013

Etihad Airways




Etihad Airways is the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates. Established by Royal decree in July 2003 and based in Abu Dhabi, Etihad commenced operations in November 2003.



My Customer Service Experience: 

I had a hard time booking my flight since my flight fare is more than my credit card limit so I had to fly to Manila to book my flight personally in their office since they don't have any ticketing office in Cebu and if there was, it isn't stated in their website.

Their office was really nice and luxurious and the ground attendant served me well, with pleasing personality and all, she even helped me find a cheaper flight despite the fact that I booked my flight like just a week before my actual departure.

I opted on choosing a flight from Singapore to Abu Dhabi then from Abu Dhabi to Ireland and I believed it was a good decision on my part because when I boarded the plane, my experience was really nice.  Both planes from Singapore and from Abu Dhabi were well maintained, stewardesses would really attend to your needs properly.

However, I felt that there is a bit of a discrimination on the part of Etihad because, while my flight from Ireland to Abu Dhabi was as nice as my previous flights with the airline, my flight from Abu Dhabi bound for Manila is not.

Not only does the airplane look old and shabby, the Chinese flight attendant was rather nasty and rude toward the customers.  The way the flight attendant acted makes one think that she is belittling the Filipinos.  The way she answered customer queries was with no courtesy at all. To think I paid more for this flight than my previous ones.  And I booked this a month before my actual boarding

The thing is if Etihad airways is able to provide a par excellence service with their other flights, why can't they do the same with their Philippines flight?

No comments:

Post a Comment